Your source for help with business litigation and business transactions in Quincy and Boston
Any company owner in Boston understands that business transactions necessarily require sound legal advice and engagement. Effective sales contracts, written with skill and negotiated on solid legal footing, are the best way to prevent expensive business litigation.
But not all business attorneys in Boston understand the full spectrum of enterprise needs—including real estate transactions, over and above business operations, customer sales and vendor contracts. A Quincy or Boston area small business lawyer should be able to manage all concerns around the many key events in a corporation lifecycle:
- Business start up
- Business sale
- Sale of real property
- Business liquidation
- Elevator certificate fine defense
The attorneys at Morisi & Oatway, P.C. are uniquely qualified with a cumulative 60 years of experience in four very important business law practice areas:
- Business transactions: As a firm that handles routine contracts and other documents, we are also called upon for emergencies that include lawsuits, employee fraud, breach of confidentiality and government investigations.
- Business litigation: Whether a suit needs to be initiated or if a business is responding to litigation from another party, the attorneys at Morisi & Oatway are prepared to assist with short-notice emergency court hearings (injunctions, collections and expedited hearings). Employment matters, internal business disputes, business torts, general business litigation matters and litigation prevention are also strong areas of the firm.
- Real estate transactions: Our lawyers are frequently called upon to assist in the purchase, sale and financing of property through favorable sales contracts and representation at property closings. We also work on lease contracts for commercial and residential properties.
- Real estate litigation: Because real estate purchases, sales and leases play such a significant role in the business bottom line, the opportunity for litigation is ever-present. Firm principals are versed in ways to prevent and manage litigation through lis pendens matters, attachments and injunctions. Other types of litigation can arise through joint ventures, zoning appeals, permitting appeals, development issues, adverse possession, boundary and neighbor disputes, land use issues, easements, evictions and lease enforcement.
- Estate Planning & Asset Protection
- Probate Litigation
Additionally, lawyers at the firm have handled legal concerns for condominium developers, boards, vendors and management companies; estate planning through wills and trusts, and probate litigation (undue influence, lack of capacity, fraud, duress and lack of compliance with statutory formalities).
Contact our office today at 617-479-0400 to discuss your business needs with one of our experienced lawyers.