Our firm is taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, including the ability to review and sign documents via video conference or outside our office. We maintain social distance and mask requirements for all in-office visits. We are available to answer your questions and provide legal guidance. We remain committed to meeting your needs during this difficult time.
Personal Attention from a Boston Business Lawyer
At Morisi & Oatway, client service is our top priority. Our attorneys and staff personally handle the details of every case. We work with you to meet your objectives, whether that involves meeting a transaction deadline or developing facts and legal arguments to prove your claim or defend you in a lawsuit. Our practice provides the following services to clients:
Our Quincy, Massachusetts office eases access for all
Boston business lawyers at our offices are able to serve the legal needs of companies and individuals throughout Massachusetts. Some of our most successful Boston business transaction and Boston business litigation cases in recent years include:
- Multi-million dollar sale of a physician recruitment and medical staffing business.
- Multi-million dollar sale of an oil delivery business.
- Business succession planning and buy-sell agreement for a family owned property management business.
- Estate planning and asset protection planning for families and business owners.
- Represented the PR of an estate in a complicated probate matter in which the previous attorney had failed to notify the PR of the provisions of the will for over ten years after the death. The delay caused multiple issues involving taxes, finding heirs, and marshalling assets.
- Defeated a motion for lis pendens and successfully negotiated a settlement of a land sale dispute between the board of directors of a private golf club and a real estate developer.
- Obtained a substantial six figure jury verdict for homeowners in a fraud claim against the seller regarding failure to disclose material facts about water infiltration into the basement of the home.
- After an appeal and a hearing, obtained a waiver of all fines assessed by the Department of Public Safety against a church for alleged violation of elevator or lift inspection certificate regulations.
- Obtained a multiple six-figure judgment after trial for a mortgage broker who sued a former employee for theft of trade secrets and confidential information.
- On behalf of a developer, won a Special Motion to Dismiss a Memorandum of Lis Pendens, which was interfering with a multi-million dollar real estate development project. The ruling was affirmed on appeal, and our client was awarded attorney's fees from both the trial court and the appeals court.
- Won two different appeals of the Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office (formerly SOWMBA) denials of businesses seeking woman-owned business certification.
- After an arbitration hearing, successfully settled a claim on behalf of a contractor suing owner for the unpaid balance due on a construction contract. The settlement included 96% of the client's attorney's fees and expenses.
- Obtained a judgment for two members of an LLC against two other members who froze them out of the business.
- Defeated a preliminary injunction claim against former employees who were sued for breach of a non-compete agreement. After conducting discovery we were able to eliminate over 80% of the plaintiff's alleged damages which led to a favorable settlement.
In each engagement, our business lawyers in Boston were able to achieve the best possible outcomes for each of their clients.
We are more than business lawyers
Most business lawyers in Massachusetts are perceived to work only in litigation or transactions. But as Boston small business lawyers, our practice at Morisi & Oatway, P.C. often leads to working with families of business people as well. As recognized Boston business attorneys, we are often called upon to help manage estate planning and probate issues around business ownership succession and wealth transfer.
For entrepreneurs who have spent a career building a business, the trust and confidence they have in their business lawyer easily translates into working with family legal issues. They know that in Quincy or Boston, their business attorney understands their priorities in handling commercial as well as personal real estate. They also understand that estate planning is a crucial matter that needs to be handled in advance, and that an orderly transfer of property and assets will reduce costs for all concerned.
Contact a business lawyer in Boston Today
Contact our office today at 617-479-0400 to schedule a consultation regarding your business needs. We look forward to building relationships with our business clients that will last for many years.
|Andy, Thanks very much for your expert legal and negotiating guidance throughout this process. You and your team were a pleasure to work with. We were skeptical that we would see a dime out of our friends and are very happy with the final outcome.
William Dunning, Oncampus Advertising
|"I first met Andy Oatway in April of 2005. I was given his name by my brother in law who is also an attorney. He told me that Andy is the best around. My husband and I met with him for over two hours and as I talked about my very personal, difficult and complicated family case with him, I had the feeling that this caring, attentive, professional was the man that we needed. I had just lost my beloved mother and then months later my father and now I was being sued by my step-brother. Andy always showed his professionalism whether it was listening to me tell my story through tears or always having the right answers. He always made me feel comfortable, even through an extremely difficult year and a half long process. I could never thank this gentle man for all his kindness, dedication, professionalism and incredible work ethic. Andy Oatway is THE best Lawyer anyone could hire, ever! Besides all of this, he won the case for us and ended my torture. All of the staff in his office were amazing and you could tell, had the greatest amount of respect for Andy and the job that he does. Andy, we will never forget you and the job that you did for us. Thank you!"
--Kevin and Jym-Ann Curtis, Braintree, MA
|THERE IS AN AGE-OLD EXPRESSION:
"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for an attorney and a fool for a client."
I know an attorney who was fortunate enough to avoid that trap. More fortunately, I was directed 15 months ago to Andrew Oatway's website and I had the insight to contact his office.
I met with Attorney Oatway and immediately felt a level of comfort that I should engage this counsel to assist me in a legal claim that I believe had been unfairly filed against me. Andrew had significant hesitation regarding the circumstances of my case. Andrew again met with me and my wife and agreed to take on my defense.
I will not torture you with a blow-by-blow description of the contentious, litigious and adversarial nature of the proceedings, except to address that at one point, (I should say at several points) during the proceedings, the judge referred to the opposing party as a "terrorist." Although the case took on its own beastly character, I felt confident that my attorney not only had the consummate trial experience, but he also was prepared to take whatever legal actions were necessary to obtain a favorable result on my behalf.
In preparation for the trial "Andy" (we had become friends and trusted each other implicitly) left no stone unturned and his thoroughness in preparation was extremely impressive and resulted in a number of the counts of the complaint being dismissed by the Court before trial. His foresight was also borne out during the course of the four days that the case was presented to the jury. At the close of the evidence, ALL OF THE PLAINTIFF'S CLAIMS WERE DISMISSED before the opposing counsel even had the opportunity to argue his case the jury. What a relief it was to be free from the burden of this civil action, which had taken its toll on my wife and that of my family for nearly 3 years.
In closing, I repeat the words of a text I sent at the conclusion of the trial. "I want the opportunity to thank you for your dedication, passion, and attention to detail during this litigation. I must say that I felt a significant level of comfort that you 'had my back' at all times. I do want you to know that if I ever have a client or someone asks me for an attorney in a business litigation matter, I will give you the ultimate vote of confidence."
I will express myself simply: "ANDY'S THE MAN."
--Robert A. Costantino, Esq., East Boston, MA